Saturday, January 21, 2012

#11: Learn to fight

Growing up I was a fat kid who didn't have a lot of confidence. Once I finally lost the weight, I still needed to build my confidence, and what better way to build confidence then to learn how to fight?

I signed up to an MMA gym and immediately realized how satisfying it felt to hit someone, and it was even satisfying to be hit back. My MMA training lasted about three years in total. In that time I had two organized fights, trained at Randy Couture's gym in Vegas and Dean Lister's gym in San Diego. I finally stopped training shortly after moving to San Diego since I had less disposable income, no health insurance, and I couldn't find a gym that I really enjoyed.

Learning to fight was one of the best things I could have ever done for myself, and although its been a while since I have stepped foot in a gym, I do miss it badly however, and hope to one day find another gym that I enjoy as much as I enjoyed training at Blazing Sun IMB, my first home away from home.




No comments:

Post a Comment